21 April 2017
The overriding message from this year's Develop Croydon Investor Tour is that further significant development is on the way, aligned with appropriate enabling infrastructural investment.
The tour took in:
• a networking breakfast at the new Boxpark mall
• an update on the soon to be occupied 1.25million Ruskin Square offices
• a tram and coach tour
• overview of Croydon's cultural development
• walking tour of the centre of Croydon Whitgift Almshouses
• and a buffet lunch with an address from Steve Yewman of the Croydon Partnership
It is anticipated final planning consent will be given shortly for the Westfield / Hammerson replacement of the Whitgift shopping centre, part of a £5.25billion investment programme for the Borough in the next five years.
The tour was well received and post-event feedback was very positive. A similar tour is planned for next year and interested parties are encouraged to contact Bonnie Stephensmith on email@example.com.
Richard Plant, Head of SHW Croydon / South London office and Chair of Develop Croydon said: "It's been six years since the inception of the organisation and it's been a journey with a narrative of improvement, with falling availability and rising commercial rents. We feel that arguably the most exciting part of that journey is just around the corner."