Stiles Harold WilliamsA modern multi-disciplinary, property based professional advisory firm. Read more.
HistoryEstablished for 215 years, we can trace our roots back to 1798 in Croydon and London. Read more.
OfficesWe work from offices across the South of England, London and the Midlands on property all over the UK. Read more.
People150 people with 80 fee earners of whom more than 50 are Chartered Surveyors. Read more.
Core Commercial ServicesCommercial Agency and Investment, Landlord and Tenant, Valuations and Business Rates, Development Consultancy and Town planning, Building Consultancy and Commercial Management. Read more.
Specialist Commercial ServicesAviation, Motor Trade/Roadside and Leisure Property, Expert Witness work, Educational and Healthcare Property and LPA Fixed Charge Receivership. Read more.
Residential ServicesLeasehold Enfranchisement, Leasehold Management, Town Planning, Building Consultancy, Residential Development Consultancy and Valuation. Read more.
Available PropertiesCommercial properties and sites to let and for sale, Investment sales and Residential Development Properties and sites for sale. Read more.
Stiles Harold Williams NewsFor news of our activities log in to our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and read the News Section on our Website. Read more.
Environmental PolicyStiles Harold Williams adopts a positive attitude to the environnment and sustainability issues. Read more.
Contact UsSee our list of Offices with the relevant contact details. Read more.
making property work - that's what we do
Stiles Harold Williams is an independent property advisory business with specialists in many aspects of commercial and residential property. From offices in London and the south east we serve our clients across the UK, striving to provide the right answers to their property needs and making property work for their benefit.
- 24 October 2016
- Stiles Harold Williams are delighted to announce the appointment of Nigel Stonard as the new Head of Residential Block Management for Sussex.
Nigel has joined as a Director overseeing Leasehold Management across Sussex with considerable accumulated experience in residential property management over the last 28 years.
Through expansion, residential property management and associated building surveying and project management work now accounts for a fifth of the firm’s turnover. Over the past six years SHW have established in Sussex a robust team of ten residential property management specialists, with plans for further growth.
- 17 October 2016
- Stiles Harold Williams recently conducted an inaugural tour of development sites and investment opportunities in Brighton.
Particularly beneficial for fund and asset managers, developers and private property company owners, the tour comprised a trip by bus around Brighton’s main development and investment opportunities, providing potential investors and developers with a detailed analysis of the current state of the city’s retail, office, industrial, residential and investment sectors.
Also on hand were specialists from SHW’s Planning and Rating Teams gave examples of how they assisted with the planning process in the city as well as identifying areas for business rates efficiencies to assist with project profitability.
The tour started at Brighton Station and took in the main city centre office retail, industrial, residential developments investment areas including Brighton Marina, Churchill Square and Preston Park and culminated in a flight up the i360 to put a different perspective on the potential investment and development opportunities Brighton has to offer (below, left).
This was followed by a lunch reception in the i360’s conference facilities with further presentations from SHW’s Eastbourne and Worthing offices on the new developments taking place in their markets.
- 12 October 2016
- Acting on behalf of the freehold owner, SHW Professional Division provided expert advice on the compensation entitlement as a result of the extension of the Arndale Shopping Centre in Eastbourne town centre.
Compulsory acquisition powers were granted to Eastbourne Borough Council in March 2016 and Nigel Amos, BSc MRICS advised the owners Selits Ltd on every step of the process arising from the exercise of compulsory purchase rights, which included:
• Explanation of the compensation entitlement both in terms of the freehold value and disturbance.
• Liaison with the client’s solicitor and Counsel on the legal process including issuing a formal objection to the CPO powers being granted.
• Negotiation of compensation payable, securing the best possible terms, including the reimbursement of all of the client’s costs and fees.
- 6 October 2016
- This week I attended the Develop Croydon Forum Partner Meeting at Gatwick Airport – a chance to intensify bonds between the two locations and metaphorically reduced the mere 18 mile distance between them. That’s only 14 minutes by train (most of the time).
High on the agenda was how best to link the global hub which is Gatwick with the South London hub that is Croydon. Indeed the A23 / M23 / Brighton mainline rail corridor is vital to the UK’s ongoing economic development, as are the businesses which are located nearby.
It makes logical sense for global businesses - or UK ones operating overseas - to want to locate near the most cost-and-time effective transport links whilst also looking for locations their workforces to want to perform to the best of their abilities.
Not only is part of the London Borough of Croydon’s Economic Development Plan to be the capital’s most enterprising area by 2040, but there are also some impressive office and industrial premises in Crawley / Gatwick – an area in which my company Stiles Harold Williams have high market share. Indeed, the London Borough of Croydon has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the airport guaranteeing jobs and associated benefits for the borough should expansion be approved.
- 4 October 2016
- SHW are pleased to announce the launch of www.airportproperty.co.uk – positioning the firm as the dedicated airport and aviation property specialist in the south east, if not the UK.
The site features current deals such as:
• London Southend Airport – three adjoining hangars ranging from 26,574 to 114,436 sq ft availability (bottom, left)
• Redhill Aerodrome Business Centre – suites 162 to 9,622 sq ft
• Hangar One, Cecil Pashley Way, Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport
• Astral Towers (near Gatwick) – offices from 2,411 to 14,340 sq ft (bottom, right)